Some of you know that I love trees, and sometimes take photos of them because they are so beautiful. Now you might think that is odd but let me share some truths about how we are much more like trees than we realize:
- Tree roots are deeply connected to the Earth and her energy. When I connect to Earth’s energy during healing work, I imagine I am a tree with roots pulling it up into my feet.
- Two decades ago ecologist Suzanne Simard discovered that “trees communicate their needs and send each other nutrients via a network of latticed fungi” and even compared this elaborate system to the neural networks in human brains. When we send out “good vibes” or say prayers for people, I see it as being sent along a network called the divine plane, where we are all connected by gridlines much like the trees.
- Trees tell the truth. What you see is what you get. It’s rooted, grounded, sometimes beat up by the wind, sometimes flowering and beautiful. Imagine what your outward expression of your emotional state would be if you were a tree.
- Trees house nests for animals and provide shelter. Which is exactly what we do for our family and friends.
- Trees don’t shrink in a storm, they stand straight and tall and take what comes. This one resonates the deepest. What I have found in my healing work is that if you can turn and face what is coming with grace and fortitude, the trickle down effect from the trauma is lessened.
At a time when we are all being told so many different versions of what is happening with Covid-19 I feel let down and discouraged and just want someone in charge to act like a tree. Please just tell us the truth of what to expect. It is in these weaker moments I realize that I just need to stand tall and hold fast to my integrity and my own truth and the rest will fall into place.
So, anchor down just like a tree, put your roots down deep into the Earth, stand tall and face what is coming even if you don’t know what it is and provide shelter for your family and loved ones.
And don’t forget to get outside and let the sun shine on your face and the wind ruffle your hair.